Are you asking yourself: Where can I sell my Hallmark ornament collection?
The answer is: Here - at HallmarkOrnaments.com. We buy Hallmark ornaments.
We will, at times, purchase individual Hallmark ornaments, or Hallmark ornament collections, from private sellers.
However, please keep in mind that we do not buy every ornament or ornament collection that is offered to us.
Most importantly, we only buy ornaments at liquidation prices (we do not pay the prices listed on our website).
We receive a LOT of lists and inquiries about purchasing ornaments every day, so it would be our advice to make your collection appear to be as attractive to us as possible, and as easy as possible for us to evaluate if you would like us to consider purchasing your collection.
Since everyone's time is extremely valuable, and we want to give everyone a fair and equal opportunity to sell their collection to us, we will NOT discuss purchasing ornaments over the phone, as this does not give us enough time to evaluate the collection, and we just do not have the time to advise everyone on how to sell their collection - all of that information you need is on this page (please see below). All communication about selling your Hallmark ornaments to us needs to either be sent in writing, either through our website, or through email.
Here are some tips and guidelines to follow if you would like us to consider buying your Hallmark ornaments:
- We ONLY buy Hallmark Keepsake ornaments. We are NOT interested in Carlton Cards ornaments, Enesco ornaments, Hallmark ornaments that are sold at Walmart, or other Hallmark products. We exclusively deal with Hallmark Keepsake ornaments. In other words, if it isn't listed on our website, we probably are not interested in it, and would ask that you remove those items from your list.
- Please provide us with the absolute minimum price that you will accept for your ornament(s) or ornament collection. In order to ensure that we do not offend anyone with what someone may believe is a low offer, we usually do not negotiate price, and we never make offers for collections when considering to purchase ornaments from individuals, so please make sure that your offer is really your best offer. We will not go back and forth on price, so please keep in mind your first offer is your only offer, as we will not reconsider a collection if we refuse it. The best way to get our attention when it comes to taking the time to evaluate a collection is with a low price.
- Please make sure that the price you quote includes all shipping, handling, and packaging costs.
- Please only include Hallmark Keepsake ornaments that are in MINT condition, and that come in their original Mint to Near Mint boxes. ONLY include ornaments that have the price tabs still on their boxes (unless they are from 1985 or earlier, and are from a Hallmark series such as Frosty Friends, Mary's Angels - then you can still include them on the list, but please note if the tab is missing). I'm sorry, but we are NOT looking to purchase damaged ornaments, or ornaments that have boxes that will not pass for new.
- We are always looking to buy miniature Hallmark ornaments, but we are not interested in Merry Miniatures.
- When sending your list, please make sure that the list has the year and name of the ornament. If we receive a list of just product codes (they usually begin with QX), those lists will be completely ignored. We prefer if the list is sorted by year, and possibly by series. Unsorted, unorganized lists will generally be ignored unless it has less than 20 ornaments, but we still request that you provide the year, name, and asking price for each ornament. If you are going to take selling your collection seriously, you will need this information, as just about every dealer will ask for it.
- Please advise if you are willing to sell individual ornaments, or only the entire lot.
- Pictures are always welcome and very helpful. Please only send pictures for collections of 100 ornaments or less, and please only send 8 or fewer images.
- We do NOT sell on consignment.
The most frequently asked question we receive is "How do I price my ornaments", or "What percentage of your price do you pay?" Unfortunately, we do not have a good answer for this question, as the answer really depends on each individual ornament. As a general guideline, we very rarely pay 50% or more for an ornament, and the percentage we pay drops very quickly from there, depending on the ornament, its availability, our current inventory levels, the demand in the secondary market, and other factors. We buy ornaments at liquidation pricing ... and pricing (and ornament condition) are the two biggest factors when we buy collections, so please make sure your pricing is as attractive as possible.
The other most frequently asked question we are asked is "Which ornaments are you looking to purchase?" Generally speaking, we are primarily looking to purchase ornaments from 2006 to the current year, unless the ornaments are in an active Hallmark series (ex: Mary's Angels, Frosty Friends, Nostalgic Houses and Shops, etc), and/or are still relevant in current pop culture (ex: Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Disney, Barbie, etc). There are some exceptions, but that is generally what we are looking to purchase at this time.
Visit the Contact Us page (on the menu at the bottom of this page), send us your ornament list and your absolute best price, and we will get in contact with you if we are interested in purchasing your collection. Please make sure to include an email address that you monitor when sending this information. (Please note: we may not respond to your offer if you haven't followed our guidelines and provided all of the information requested).
Thank you for your times ... and Happy Hallmarking!